Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jealous lover stabbed boyfriend till death in Nigeria

Ifunanya Marcus, 25, claimed she loved her live-in-lover, Princewill Chukwu. But the love she had for him did not deter her from killing him over a suspicion that the slain lover was having an affair with his sales girl.

Marcus, who had since been arrested by the police in Lagos State was in tears and full of regrets on Monday at the police headquarters, in Ikeja, asking the police to take her life and bring back Chukwu‘s.

Incidentally, Marcus, whose first name, Ifunanya, means love, did not know that the knife wound she inflicted on her lover had killed him until she was told by the police on Monday and she promptly fainted.

PUNCH METRO gathered that an argument ensued between the two lovers, who had been cohabiting for seven years, on Tuesday, May 25 and later degenerated into fisticuffs on the suspicion that Chukwu was dating his sales girl, Chikodi Ekemezie.

Marcus, who claimed that she had been enduring Chukwu‘s battering for the past seven years, said the beating she received from her slain lover on the night of May 25 was so intense that she rushed into the kitchen, took a knife and stabbed Chukwu in the ribs.

Police sources said that the knife went deep into Chukwu and ruptured his kidney and intestine. Efforts by doctors at the Badagry General Hospital and later at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, did not yield the expected result as Chukwu died two days later.

Lone witness to the incident Ekemezie, who worked as a sales girl for the deceased at Badagry Market, said that the suspect actually tried to stab her lover twice. ”She first slapped him twice and went into the kitchen to get a knife. I collected the knife the first time and threw it away, but she rushed into the kitchen again and as I was holding my brother not to beat her, she came back with another knife and stabbed him in the ribs,” she said.

Although Ekemezie denied having any relationship with the slain man, Marcus insisted that she saw Chukwu and the sales girl caressing and could not withstand it.

Marcus said, ”We met in 2003 and since then we had been living together like husband and wife. He used to beat me, but I will always go back to him after he begged. Look at my body; all these scar were from him. In fact I moved out of his apartment last year September and came back in March this year after he pleaded. I love him.

“That day he did not know that I was inside the room that Chikodi (Ekemezie) was staying in our house, and I saw him romancing her. I confronted him and he started beating me. I just used the knife to threaten him so that he would not beat me again. I did not realise that I have stabbed him; I just saw him fall down. I have disgraced my family who always wanted me to leave him. I will gladly give my life for him. God knows I love him with my life.”

Ekemezie, the sales girl, said, “He (Chukwu) is my oga. And I don‘t use to stay at home. I go to shop everyday. So, where am I going to get time for romance?”

But the Lagos State police command spokesman, Frank Mba, said the police would soon conclude their investigation, adding that, “and then we will leave the court to decide.”
Source:http://www.naijapals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment